Vanessa Backyard, Front Row Competition 2021
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By entering this competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
1) This promotion is open to all Victorian residents who are aged 18 or over, excluding employees, and their immediate families, of the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), their associated companies, agents, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3) Entry is only open to persons who at the time of entering the promotion:
a) are residents of Victoria;
b) are aged 18 years or older; and
c) have not had:
their motor vehicle licence previously suspended or cancelled in the two years prior to the date of entry or have more than five demerit points in the last five years.
4) No purchase necessary.
5) The instructions provided at the point of entry form are part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6) Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
7) This Vanessa competition is a game of chance.
8) To enter participants must be subscribed to the Vanessa mailing list.
9) To enter you will require:
a) Internet access; and
b) An active email account
c) A suitable entertainment area to accommodate the gig
10) The competition winner will receive 1 x Parlour Gig held at your place on March 27th 2021. The performing artist is Alice Skye. The prize includes the set up of the event in your backyard, grazing platter, taxi vouchers, polaroid cameras, non-alcoholic drinks and a Vanessa goodie bag for each guest. Alice Skye will play from 7pm-8pm and Parlour Gigs will require access to your property from 3pm-10pm for set up and pack down. Video and Still content will be captured on the night to be shared on the TAC and the gig associated brand’s social, digital and eDM platforms for an indefinite period of time. The maximum number of guests at the event will be capped at 30.
10A) Special condition - COVID-19.
The number of guests at this event will be capped as per the Coronavirus Victoria Vic Gov restrictions at the time of the event. This number will need to include the Parlour Gig crew and the Artist.
11) There will be one opportunity to win the prize during the initial promotional period (PP) between Monday February 22, 2021 (11:00AM AEST) and Monday March 15, 2021 (09:00AM AEST).
12) The monetary value of the prize pool (event hosting inclusions) is: $2000 + gst
13) The entries will be judged based on whether the entrant has successfully passed the licence check (motor vehicle licence not previously suspended or cancelled in the two years prior to the date of entry or no more than 5 demerit points in the last 5 years). The entry will also be judged on the suitability of their proposed ‘Backyard’ space. TAC will require the entrant to supply photographs of the space.
14) A winner will be selected at random based on the judging criteria specified in Condition 13.
15) The prize draw will take place at 11am on Monday March 15, 2021 at Workers Hut, 17 Baines Cres, Torquay VIC 3228.
16) The winners will be notified via email that they have been selected as a winner, subject to a license check. The potential winner must supply their licence number to enable a licence check to be completed. On successfully passing the licence check, the entrant will then be notified that they have won. In addition to being notified via email, the winners' name will also be published on the Vanessa website.
17) The competition result is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
18A) (Cancellation due to Force Majeure) If it is impossible or unreasonably impractical for the Performance to take place due to any event or cause that is not reasonably within the control of either the Performer or the Purchaser, including natural disaster, fire, flood, terrorism, strike, war, power failure, failure of technical facilities, government action (including the limitation on social gatherings due to the Covid-19 pandemic or similar global health emergency), curtailment of travel services, or other similar event which could not be avoided by reasonable diligence on the part of the Performer or the Purchaser (“Force Majeure”), then neither party will have any liability to the other. This may include agreeing to modify the scope of the Performance or re-schedule the date of a Performance to the extent that it does not unreasonably disadvantage a party to do so. If the parties are unable to mutually agree to alternate means to conduct the Performance, such failure will not give rise to any liability or claim.
19) If any prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up the prize (or does not respond by 4pm on Wednesday 17th March, 2021), the prize will be forfeited and a supplementary winner may be awarded the prize, at the Promoter's sole discretion. If the prize is not claimed by the supplementary winner 24hrs from notification (via email), a further re-draw will be required.
20) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or not received during the relevant stipulated time period of Monday February 22, 2021 (11:00AM AEST) and Monday March 15, 2021 (09:00AM AEST).
21) Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prizewinner to take up the specified prize.
22) It is a condition of entry that your entry, first name or nickname can be used for any necessary promotional releases, promotional materials and within social media channels.
23) You agree to allow the Promoter to post your name as part of the winner announcement promotions.
24) The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
25) As a condition of entry to this competition, you must consent to the Promoter seeking from VicRoads, and VicRoads providing to the Promoter, details of your driving history for the purpose of confirming whether you are an Eligible Person. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter's decision as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
26) Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
27) If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
28) This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with Australian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
Promoter: Transport Accident Commission (ABN 22 033 947 623) of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220.